Group 1 Preparation

Discussion in 'Group 1' started by Priya, Dec 3, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Priya

Priya New Member

How to start group I exams,which materials to be followed ???Anybody have study plan means please suggest me friends.

2. TamilKavi

TamilKavi Member

This is my study plan.
    For Group 1 Exam you should be thorough with current affairs. This year large number of questions were asked from current affairs. Next Biology will be given importance. Polity and Economics stands next with equal weight-age.

1) Read Dinamani, The Hindu daily
    2) For current affairs magazines prefer gktoday.in
    3) Read a chapter daily from Indian Polity - Lakshmikanth. For chapters like Parliament two days have to be spent. It takes 2 months. (64 Chapters).
    4) Read History Geography from 6th to 10th which needs 1 month. Have to revise it two times.
    5) Science: Biology Samacheer Books from 6th to 12th.
    Latest diseases, its symptoms, new species can be found in science reporter magazine.
    Physics should be read in aspect of science and technology. Read all latest projects of DRDO, ISRO. I won't depend on any books for this. Website will be the only source.
    6) Economics I'm not good enough in economics so have to read 10 pages in Key Concepts of Indian Economy - Shankar Ganesh which is simpler than Indian Economy - Ramesh Singh.
    After 4 Months I would have completed all text books and would have followed news and be with news paper notes. And so after that we can solve model question papers and practice for the exam. My plan is on 5 to 6 months of dedicated preparation with extensive reading.If any of you have any other suggestion please comment below.

3. Nidhilan

Nidhilan Moderator Staff Member

Thank u @Prabhu . Very detailed explanation. Ramesh Singh is not needed for TNPSC. I would recommend Sanjiv Varma

4. Samad Khan

Samad Khan New Member

Hi Friends,

I am using a book for preparation of TNPSC Exams, that is "Manual of TNPSC Examinations (General Studies)" by M. Karthikeyan. This book is also available in Tamil version.
    You can buy these books from your nearest bookstore or online at www.mheducation.co.in